Customers test and score your products on given parameters. You can also compare performance to your competitors.
How: Together, we will decide on a set of pre-agreed questions in order to ensure we find the answers you’re looking for. Customers are then recruited according to specific criteria and will test the product either in the home, in-store or at our research facility, answering the questions as they go in order to capture their implicit response.
The Benefit: This is a great way to put your product to the test and find out how it performs when in the hands of real customers. It’s also a great opportunity to compare your products against your competitors.
Contact one of our experts to discuss your particular requirements and find out more about how we can help you.
Having identified a customer trend in protein based snacks, and wanting to add to their core portfolio, our client needed help with:
• Validating the concept, purchase intent and eating quality of the new product, with customers of different categories
• Investigating weight, packaging, name, price & position in store
In order to answer our client’s key questions, we conducted a concept test, allowing customers to demonstrate their understanding of the product before tasting in order to assess eating quality. The final phase covered off packaging design and messaging, using artwork for visual.
The concept and taste test were also supported with further exploration In-home diaries, to understand the relevance of the product to customers from each distinct category. Combining the results from each phase, we were able to give clear answers to each question, thereby providing our client with direction for next steps.
We helped them to establish:
• From an eating quality point of view, the product was is a huge success!
• Which of their customer categories they should target
• Key on pack messages and design related attributes including colours to use and avoid